Don’t Shoot the Messenger:
5 Reasons Why Regular Content is the Single Most Important Part of Online Marketing
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. It is only the great and powerful Wizard of…Content. Okay so dramatics aside, in the age of new media and the push for more versatile websites, it is important to realize that for every (good) website that pops up on the internet, there is a dedicated content team working for hours each week giving that site a constant stream of fresh information.
These “showrunners” brainstorm, research, outline, write, edit, direct and deliver your business’s message to hundreds of thousands of potential customers each year and because it is done so effortlessly, it is easy to forget that investing in regular content is one of the most important decisions you can make when it comes to your online marketing strategy.
While a beautifully designed website will always be the key to drawing visitors, having a consistent message determines whether visitors become clients. Still not sold? Here are five reasons why regular content is the most crucial aspect of online marketing.
- It gets you ranked. Creating a website without updating its content is like planting a vegetable garden and never watering or harvesting it. At the risk of sounding clichéd, content is king when it comes to Google. If you want your site’s ranking to improve and be found by nearly anyone in the world, you must have reliable, ever-changing content.
- It is your biggest calling card. A recent survey found that nearly 50% of consumers checked a business’s social media pages before making a purchase for the first time. Forget what your mother told you, being popular means everything. Social media is where you can let your personality shine and solidify your brand with content that motivates people to keep checking back for more. Think of it this way: great content on a regular basis + growing number of followers = brand advocacy.
- It shows you care. Think about it. Would you trust your hard earned money with a business that does not care enough to update their pages? People like when businesses are constantly thinking and evolving. To have a competitive edge, you must keep up with the times and with what people want. Regular content will help avoid embarrassing situations like having customers see that your last attempt at an article was posted two years ago.
- It keeps you on their minds. Ever hear of newsletters or maybe press releases? Both are great ways to make sure that everyone knows what is going on with your business. Regular newsletter will remind potential customers that you are there if they ever need what you’re selling while press releases are a great way to improve your reach by leveraging the many bloggers and journalists online to find and possibly cover your business or services.
- It saves you time and money. Writers and marketers are thinkers. It’s what we do for a living. Having a team that does the research and writing for you frees up your time for more important things like say, running your business. Budgeting to have an experienced content team at your disposal helps make your marketing efforts worry free and there is almost always a tangible return on your investment in addition to a dramatic increase in leads.
Don’t wait for customers to find your business, go out and find your customers. Contact us today to learn more about our content marketing services and how we can help put your business on the map.